The Waiting Station was built in 1917 adjacent to the Ravine Bluffs subdivision. The North Shore Line connected downtown Chicago with the northern suburbs and eventually Milwaukee, which was an attraction to Booth’s development.
The Waiting Station served its purpose until the North Shore Line ended its run in July of 1955. The station was demolished sometime after that. Due to its relatively short lifespan, many in the Wright-enthusiast community were unaware of the station’s existence or its connection to the architect until it was highlighted in the book Lost Wright by Carla Lind in 1996.